What data do we collect?
Sterling Practice collects the following data via email and not via our website
• Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
• Medical History
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Sterling Practice with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Make an appointment with us by telephone or email online or place an order for any of our products or services.
• Voluntarily complete a parent questionnaire, supply medical /educational reports or other information, or provide feedback via email or in hard copy.
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Sterling Practice may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
• Schools, medical professionals, other professionals, local authorities.
How will we use your data?
Sterling Practice collects your data so that we can:
• Process your order and manage your account.
• Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
How do we store your data?
Sterling Practice securely stores your data in locked cupboards and encrypted cloud storage.
Sterling Practice will keep your data until your child is 25 years old, once this time period has expired, we will delete your data.
What are your data protection rights?
Sterling Practice would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Sterling Practice for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Sterling Practice correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Sterling Practice to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Sterling Practice erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Sterling Practice restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Sterling Practice processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Sterling Practice transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Or write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
• Functionality – Sterling Practice uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
• Advertising – Sterling Practice uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Sterling Practice sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Sterling Practice has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.